Here’s our handy printable release calendar to help you keep track of all the sweet September debuts coming at you soon!
Thanks to our printable calendar team: Sarah Alexander, Jenn Nguyen, Dee Romito, Shari Schwarz, Kathy MacMillan, Randi Pink, Ava Jae, and Marieke Nijkamp!
Sarah S. Reida received her B.A. in English from St. Louis University and always wanted to be a writer, but took a detour to attend law school and start a practice that helps veteran small businesses. She and her husband Scott are proud to own a roomy house in the Atlanta area, as this means they can fill it with rescue animals. Their daughter – coming November 2016! – will be raised to love reading, animals, and Costco (which is magical).
Pitched as GOONIES meets JUMANJI, in MONSTERVILLE: A LISSA BLACK PRODUCTION (Sky Pony Press, Sept. 20, 2016), thirteen-year-old film-obsessed Lissa discovers a shape-shifting monster in her woods and decides to film the greatest horror movie of all time…until her little sister is kidnapped to the monster homeland of Down Below and she needs her star’s help to rescue her. http://www.lissablackproductions.com (includes movie trivia and film-making info!).
- Favorite book growing up: SUPERFUDGE.
- Childhood aspiration: Writer and/or lawyer.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Either late at night with a glass of red wine, or on the balcony so she can monitor her cats’ murdering tendencies and let the dog in and out, in and out, in and out. . .
- Book currently reading/most recently read: YES, PLEASE by Amy Poehler (She loves her, but no, thank you – BOSSYPANTS by Tina Fey is far better).
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Watching movies, half-baked gardening attempts.
- Favorite sports teams: Ha! Pass. . .
- Surprising personal fact: She got married on Halloween and had a Halloween-themed wedding. Stephen King books were the wedding favors.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Finally, finally, FINALLY getting a book published!
Where to find her:
Website | Twitter | Goodreads | Add Book