Congratulations to our members with books releasing today! Click on the covers below for more information about each title:
Here’s our handy printable release calendar to help you keep track of all the sweet July debuts coming at you soon!
Thanks to our printable calendar team: Sarah Alexander, Jenn Nguyen, Dee Romito, Shari Schwarz, Kathy MacMillan, Randi Pink and Ava Jae!
In a partnership exceeding 20 years, Jonah Lisa Dyer and Stephen Dyer have made lots of amazing things together. The films HYSTERIA and AWAY & BACK; a cozy home in the mountains of Idaho; a pact to always expect the best out of life; two exceptional human beings who love reading and laughing as much as they do; and a new book due out this summer. They intend to keep making amazing things for as long as they’re able.
Jonah Lisa and Stephen’s debut, THE SEASON (Viking/Penguin, July 2016), is a contemporary Young Adult novel. Megan is a college soccer star with Olympic dreams, but she’s not a girly girl. When her socialite Mom secretly enters her in the 2016 Dallas debutante season, she’s furious—and has no idea what she’s in for. The Season has officially begun, but the drama is just getting started in this funny, modern re-telling of PRIDE & PREJUDICE set in the heady world of Texas debutantes.
- Favorite book growing up: Jonah Lisa’s favorite book was WATERSHIP DOWN while Stephen’s was RIFLES FOR WATIE.
Childhood aspiration: JL wanted to be an actor or a writer and has enjoyed experiencing both as an adult. Stephen wanted to play professional baseball. Alas…
- Favorite place to write: They both write best in the morning. JL likes to write from home but Stephen needs to get out and go to the office or library. He also uses a standing desk.
- Book currently reading: JL just finished a JoJo Moyes binge and Stephen is deep into ATONEMENT as a reminder of how gorgeous language can be.
- Favorite things to do: JL loves to knit and make things and Stephen loves to ski. They both love the internet way too much.
- Favorite sports teams: The Dyers are huge fans of US Women’s (and Men’s) National Soccer teams and the Dutch National team. They also support the Dallas Cowboys, bless their hearts.
- Surprising personal fact: JL can juggle, was once a secretary at the UN and assisted in performing an outpatient vasectomy when she was 18. Stephen has read all three volumes of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn’s Gulag Archipelago and was the first American volunteer at the Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Meeting really wonderful, supportive and talented people who know exactly the kind of physical, emotional and financial turmoil you’re going through.
Where to find them: