Ami Allen-Vath was born and mostly raised in Minnesota, but now lives and writes along the shores of New Jersey. She lives with her husband, two children, and a dog called Yoda. Ami loves great and terrible TV, ice cream, books, and vacations. She loathes cilantro, live birds, and when guys do cartoon impressions.
Ami’s debut, LIARS AND LOSERS LIKE US (SkyHorse/Sky Pony Press, March 2016), is a contemporary Young Adult novel. LIARS AND LOSERS LIKE US is the story of a senior in high school trying to navigate friendships, first love, and the death of a classmate during prom season.
- Favorite book growing up: GO, DOG. GO! Those dogs sure knew how to party.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: On vacation with a pool or ocean view is the best!
- Book currently reading: WE’LL NEVER BE APART by Fearless Fifteener Emiko Jean
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Acting, yoga, watching really good or really bad TV.
- Favorite sports teams: Team Edward, Team No Cilantro
- Surprising personal fact: Her name is spelled Amy on her birth certificate but she started spelling it with an i when she was 12. She had it legally changed after she was married.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: She was a Fearless Fifteener but her book release was moved. She loves the 15ers but she also loves even numbers so 2016 is a better fit for her. ; )
Where to find her: