Michele Bacon writes contemporary fiction for young adults and adults. (She also bakes ooey gooey brownies, finds inner calm in Tree Pose, and plays a mean game of Caylus.) Everything Michele has ever written started as a note scrawled on a scrap of paper (or 17 scraps of paper.) When she’s not writing, Michele enjoys exploring the Pacific Northwest with her husband and three young children. (Also, she tends to overuse parentheses.)
Michele’s debut, LIFE BEFORE Skyhorse/Sky Pony, Spring 2016), is a contemporary Young Adult novel. LIFE BEFORE is a compelling, suspenseful coming-of-age story about a 17-year-old boy on the run, the danger following him, and the life he’s left behind.
- Favorite book growing up: Erich Segal’s LOVE STORY. She stole it from her mother’s shelf and read it in her closet with a flashlight. She loved reading anything adults said was inappropriate (and she carried that book around at the bottom of her back pack for months.)
- Childhood aspiration: She wanted to be an author and a mother. (It took her many jobs and many years to get here!)
- Favorite time of day/place to write: She prefers to write first thing in the morning, but she has small children. . .so she writes at nap time.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: Lisa Genova’s INSIDE THE O’BRIENS.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): She enjoys her family, travel, baking, skiing, practicing yoga, playing board games, and exploring Seattle.
- Surprising personal fact: She has visited all 50 states, and is working on a second round, with a more rigorous definition of “visit.”
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: She really looks forward to connecting with readers.
Where to find her: