Sarah Glenn Marsh writes young adult novels and children’s picture books. An avid fantasy reader from the day her dad handed her a copy of The Hobbit and promised it would change her life, she’s been making up words and worlds ever since. She lives in Virginia with her husband and four rescued greyhounds. When she’s not writing, she’s most often engaged in pursuits of the nerd variety, from video games to tabletop adventures and dungeon crawls.
Sarah’s debut novel, FEAR THE DROWNING DEEP (Skyhorse/Sky Pony, October 4, 2016), is a Young Adult historical fantasy. In 1913, a teen girl knows there’s something sinister in the waters around her Isle of Man home. Together with the mysterious boy who washes ashore, Bridey must face her fear–and the danger–before the ocean claims everyone she loves.
- Favorite book growing up: Everything by Tolkien (yes, even the Silmarillion). And the Harry Potter series (she’s a Slytherin who loves to give hugs!).
- Childhood aspiration: Dolphin trainer or vet.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Late morning with a good cup of coffee, surrounded by her dogs.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: PAW AND ORDER by Spencer Quinn.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Watercolor painting, gardening, bowling, spending time with her greyhounds, antiquing, playing tabletop games with her husband.
- Favorite sports teams: The Packers, the Michigan Wolverines (Go Blue!) and the Virginia Cavaliers. And let’s not forget hockey: the Red Wings and the Washington Capitals!
- Surprising personal fact: She can trace her grandmother’s lineage back to the Plantagenet Queens of England; her great-(now say that 25 times!) grandparents were Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine and King Henry the 3rd!
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Getting to meet and befriend so many other amazing authors!
Where to find her:
Website | Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | Add Book
8 thoughts on “Meet the Author: Sarah Glenn Marsh”
Great interview! Very cool surprising personal fact!! As a fellow Sky Pony author, I’m looking forward to reading FEAR THE DROWNING DEEP 🙂
Hi, fellow Sky Pony author! 🙂 Thank you so much- I can’t wait to read The Last Cherry Blossom, too!!
FEAR is one of my most anticipated 2016 reads!
That’s a huge compliment, Jen, as I loved My Senior Year of Awesome! 🙂
Thank you, Jen! That’s a huge compliment, as I loved My Senior Year of Awesome! 🙂
Best personal fact! You and Janet Taylor need to talk about this. 🙂 I’m so glad to know you and all the wonderful books you write, Sarah. ❤
Thank you so much, Marisa!! The feeling is entirely mutual ❤
Yay Sarah! I can’t wait to hold your books! Isle of Man is such a cool setting. xoxo