Robin Reul has been writing stories since she was old enough to hold a pen. Though she grew up on movie sets and worked for years in the film and television industry, she ultimately decided to focus her attention on writing young adult novels. And unlike Hank, she does not know how to ride a bike. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, son and daughter.
Robin’s debut MY KIND OF CRAZY (Sourcebooks Fire, April 2016), is a contemporary Young Adult novel pitched as Freaks and Geeks meets The Spectacular Now. After his promposal goes up in flames (literally), down-on-his-luck Hank strikes up an unusual friendship with a budding pyromaniac, who is struggling with her own darkness and thinks he may be a kindred spirit.
- Favorite book growing up: HALF MAGIC by Edward Eager.
- Childhood aspiration: She’s wanted to be a writer since she was about three years old.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Mornings, preferably before 10am, at her desk (which is in the living room!), full pot of coffee an arm’s reach away.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: Just finished ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES by Jennifer Niven and THINGS WE KNOW BY HEART by Jessi Kirby. LOVED both! Next up on the TBR pile is THE GAME OF LOVE AND DEATH by Martha Brockenbrough.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Writing, yoga, cooking, coffee drinking, pastry eating.
- Favorite sports teams: Red Sox!!
- Surprising personal fact: Her first job ever was opening fan mail for Janice Pennington, one of the original models on THE PRICE IS RIGHT.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: The fact that her lifelong dream is coming true and she gets to share this experience with others who are experiencing the same exciting reality!
Where to find her: