Congratulations to our member with a book releasing today! Click on the cover below for more information:
Here’s our handy printable release calendar to help you keep track of all the sweet October debuts coming at you soon!
Thanks to our printable calendar team: Sarah Alexander, Jenn Nguyen, Dee Romito, Shari Schwarz, Kathy MacMillan, Randi Pink and Ava Jae!
Jill Diamond has loved children’s literature for as long as she can remember, thanks to a school librarian mother and long, cold Maine winters. When she’s not writing middle grade fiction, Jill practices law, dreams about her next travels, and wears cowboy boots. Jill lives in San Francisco with her husband and their son.
Jill’s debut, LOU LOU AND PEA AND THE MURAL MYSTERY (FSG Books for Young Readers, October 18, 2016), is a middle grade novel. It’s about two best friends with a flair for intrigue who uncover a string of mysteries in their community, set against the backdrop of Día de los Muertos.
- Favorite book growing up: THE CHRONICLES OF PRYDAIN, THE WEDDING PROCESSION OF THE RAG DOLL, THE BROOM HANDLE, WHO WAS IN IT, and so many others!
- Childhood aspiration: An alchemist medieval archaeologist zoologist poet princess (yes, she perceived that as one thing).
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Ideally, a beautiful morning in Bali, but in reality, wherever and whenever she can.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Travel, bake elaborate things for friends, make soap, laze around by the fireplace.
- Surprising personal fact: She’d love to have a pet goat that could live on her back patio.
Where to find her: