Congratulations to our members with books releasing today! Click on the covers below for more information:
Here’s our handy printable release calendar to help you keep track of all the sweet October debuts coming at you soon!
Thanks to our printable calendar team: Sarah Alexander, Jenn Nguyen, Dee Romito, Shari Schwarz, Kathy MacMillan, Randi Pink and Ava Jae!
Here’s our handy printable release calendar to help you keep track of all the sweet September debuts coming at you soon!
Thanks to our printable calendar team: Sarah Alexander, Jenn Nguyen, Dee Romito, Shari Schwarz, Kathy MacMillan, Randi Pink, Ava Jae, and Marieke Nijkamp!
Tricia Clasen is a college professor of communication. After many years off exploring, she returned to her much-too-frigid home state of Wisconsin, where she lives with her husband and two girls. She spends most of her time shuttling her kids to dance and trying to get the glitter off the kitchen floor. Despite wanting to be an author since childhood, she only began writing fiction about six years ago.
Tricia’s debut, THE HAUNTED HOUSE PROJECT (Skyhorse/Sky Pony Press, Fall 2016), is a contemporary middle grade novel. With no food in the house and a dad who’s rarely around, twelve-year old Andie fears what will happen if people find out just how bad things are since her mom died. Inspired by a science project on paranormal behavior, she’s sure pretending to be her mother’s ghost—spraying perfume, changing TV channels, and moving pictures—is her only hope to bring her crumbling family back to reality.
- Favorite book growing up: THE OUTSIDERS by SE Hinton. She read this over and over again one summer—maybe twenty times. Tip: when trying to be a “greaser” Vaseline is a poor option as it is impossible to wash out.
- Childhood aspiration: Author or actress.
- Favorite time of day/place to write: Generally morning.
- Book currently reading/most recently read: MAP TO THE STARS by Jen Malone.
- Favorite things to do (other than reading): Travel, watch her girls dance, sing bad karaoke.
- Greatest thing about being a 2016 debut author: Getting to share such a wonderful experience with so many talented, excited folks.
Where to find her: